Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

23,040 times a day

As I grow older I seem to ask this with more regularity; it may be time to actually start buying lottery tickets: What are the chances???
Last night I awoke in the middle of the night and picked up a great read, Anam Cara, which I received years ago as a gift from a dear friend who's moved away to Las Vegas and who I miss a lot, Pilar Malo de Wellbaum. In the book I learned that we inhale and exhale 23,040 times a day. I have become interested in breathing as a technique to calm and comfort myself when I get a little anxious or overly tired.

I got to my desk at Northwest Vista College and opened my email. One of the first emails I opened was from Delancey Place, a great source for interesting books.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=yo7g7qbab&v=0018GD5KmAFhoyE6MNhophsr4grZjkPwefxZAn51gox0G4E_2Az9X2_lxUu9cwEOYBOoZ1h11w9_TZSEdk_WQq3iLtSgjszUdhhChPzy0tMvx2M0HcOqH8460yJ_6Idz-g4-HyTzmXdevY%3D 

Delancey Place includes brief excerpts, and though I have never purchased a book yet due to the site, I rarely miss the opportunity to read it. Today the first thing I read about was how we breathe 23,040 times every day. OK, if not the lottery, at least I'm ready for the TV Quiz shows tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment