Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 5, 2020

I caught a glimpse of my shadow





I wasn’t taught to be thankful to me or for me. 

I was to others, yes. 

I teach myself this now that I have time. 

To stand straight up, my entire length, in gratitude for my cells, my biology, my organs and their systems, millions of muscles, rivers of circulation, the miracle of my whir. 

My heart, brain, big toe, eyelash and my hard-working ass. 

I stand erect. Corrected. 

Let all my remaining moments be in thanks. 

Let my posture announce my unending gratitude.

Better late than never. 

All of us don’t get to say this. Think of the cheerful service of my skeleton, tendons, the full service intake and output systems, respiration, eating and digestion. 

All these years and rarely a hiccup! 

I’m grateful for those gentle reminders that suddenly appear to release my left shoulder aFnd to trust that the earth can bear to support me without my help or participation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment