Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 13, 2011

When Is A Brow Too Little Too Late?


Bushy Eyebrows are Nicer Than You Know Now

Check it out, I'm all about the whole metro-sexual thing, it's fine with me for men to wear nice shoes and smell good.

The story was under the fold in today's Wall Street Journal:



I think it's my duty to let you know, men who Mother Nature has equipped with unruly eyebrows, some important secrets women have been keeping about eyebrows.

1. What you pluck today may not be back tomorrow! Plucking, shaving, threading, all of it is telling your little unsuspecting hair follicles they are no longer welcome.

2. Eyebrows are like the rest of us, they change over time. They get thin and lose some of their original color. Will you miss today's bushy brows when you need extra reinforcements later in life?

3. Plucking eyebrows now means painting them in later.

4. Painting them in naturally and evenly requires some artistic talent. Most ladies who are old hands at it can't manage it well.

OK, it's off my chest now. I have done my part. I don't care what this leads to. You can wear pantyhose, read romance novels and crave chocolate. Just don't start putting on your makeup in the car during the commute. That always gets the strangest looks from people driving past you.

P.S. I love men who look a tad Neanderthal. That's just the whole Mexican-Spanish-Arabic-thing that I'm hard-wired with.

P.P.S. My own little unibrow was something I missed as soon as I saw my first Frida Kahlo portrait, but, alas, it was too late. Don't make the same mistake!


No comments:

Post a Comment