Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Thanks to West Side Chamber of Commerce


Last evening recent doctoral graduates were honored by the San Antonio West Side Chamber of Commerce. It was a special night in many ways.

First, my companion for the evening was Hope Cuellar, my sister in law who was married to Israel, my brother. She was there in her role as sister in law, and also in her husband's stead. He spent hours and hours helping me understand the difference between .05 and .5 (the toughest part of understanding significance in my first statistics course). He also patiently listened to me unravel my thoughts as a dissertation topic began its long birthing process over the span of two years. He died the year before I received my degree, but his spirit was with me during most of the time I worked on collecting my data and writing about it. I am so grateful to him, and to Hope for being there with me last evening.We both felt he was present in the audience.
There was an interesting surprise: the evening's speaker was his friend and colleague, Dr. Roberto Jimenez.

No comments:

Post a Comment