Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

56, Again



Turning 56 for the second or third time. I don't know if my memory is getting sketchy or I have honestly just thought I've been 56 for the past two years.

Anyhow, it's been a great past few days celebrating and seeing family and friends. I'm reading the new Geneen Roth book about women, food and God. That writer has hit her stride, it's her best book yet.

Visited with our old Artist's Way group, and it was great to see how everyone has applied the principles in their lives in ways that are powerful: a new MFA in arts for a former social worker, several new books, careers, degrees, and journeys in parenting, grand-parenting. Really good to be reminded that according to Julia Cameron, we do our part by putting out the work, and God can be trusted to take care of the quality.

Birthdays are great excuses to eat and drink, and this one had four gatherings, for which I'm so grateful: Mac and Ernies in Tarpley is everything I'd ever heard about and more. Great gourmet food. It's true, arrive early (open only Friday, Saturday and Sunday). There was a great lunch at Dough's at Blanco and 410, excellent, just like in Italy. A wonderful dinner with burgers and shrimp and fruit salad at Medina Lake at my brother and sister-in-law's new place on the water-- and there's water!!! There was a rowdy and long, fun meal at La Gloria, where Mexican street food is the best I've ever tasted. My current favorite restaurant. And finally, an outdoor picnic near the Medina River. Yummy. Back to the YMCA to work some of these calories off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment